Monday, April 6, 2009

i see no lady here...

so, my little lady has turned 6 weeks today. 6 weeks is supposed to be some miracle week...where everything comes together and finally makes sense.

well, i would like to put it out there officially that this week sucks.

she gave me nothing but several days in a row of absolute torturous screaming and crying so loud that my head actually still hurts.

and i tried EVERYTHING...except money...to get her to be quiet.

what surprised me, as i was sweating through her middle-of-the-mall meltdown, was that people still stopped to say, "how adorable" "how sweet"...

and in between wiping the sweat from my face, i actually said to a woman "you can hold her for awhile if you think she is so sweet"

now, on a scale of 1-10 i'd say this makes me a 5 between normal new mom exhaustion and really bad mothering. offering babies to strangers isn't really in the books, but at that point, with everyone staring at me, i would have given anything to not be the one holding her.

but we survived...and i think we are both stronger for it.

now don't get me started on how gross it is to change your baby on a public-changing-station. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that is sooo hard when they have a public meltdown. Just remember, it is much harder on you than anyone else...so let the worry of what other's are thinking leave your mind. You are doing great!