Tuesday, May 19, 2009

last day with my lady




i can't believe its over.

i can't believe its time for me to go back to work.

people told me in the beginning that i would not want to go back. that it would be hard. that i would miss her too much. people said that i would get into a routine with her, get to know her quirks, her cries, and get used to it being the two of us..daily.

and i honestly thought.."you are crazy" "i want my old routine back" "i want adult interaction" "i want to not live in three hour increments of time" "i will want to go back-believe me"

and now i have one more morning, one more day of her all to myself. its so stupid..but i am totally crying thinking about saying goodbye to her in the morning and then not seeing her for 8 hours. and its not like she won't be in totally capable hands..thank god for greg, and for our moms. its that i am used to knowing her whole day, and not having to ask someone else how it went.

and this is only for a super tiny bit - i mean, i am working for 9 nine days. and then i will be with her for two more months of mornings.

i think its just got me thinking about august. when she goes to spend the day with strangers...who won't be photographing all her smiles for me. i guess what i am trying to say is,

this sucks.
and i know i am not the only one who thinks that. addie told me she thinks it sucks too, she likes our morning chats, my singing and our dancing...but secretly, i know she can't wait to be spoiled with love from her daddy, her grandma and her nana too. and i am okay with that.

i just hope she tells me all about it when i get home from work.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh gosh. That must have been really hard.
I hope your first day back went well and you got smiles from your "other" kids.
On a happier note, your hair is ADORABLE!