Sunday, September 13, 2009

adelaide meets mr. barker



for labor day, several college friends got together to catch up at my friend erin's beautiful home. it was so great to see everyone..to laugh about old times, to catch up on new stuff, to find out big news - YEAH! - to meet their little ones, and to introduce my own.

every once in a while i am totally awestruck by my luck. lucky to have gone to college where i went, to have magically met the people i met, and to still be sharing these big special things in our lives...i.e. kids. and since i lost most of my sappiness when i graduated from xu, this feels weird to say...but i think there is more than xu that brought these characters into my life, and i have to just thank some higher power for keeping them as characters in my life.

and i got to finally meet my friend barker's son, William, who scored major cool points with everyone. and barker finally got to meet miss adelaide, who immediately took to drooling all over him - like i did until i found out he wasn't into me the first night i met him in 1996.

No comments: