Wednesday, October 22, 2008

two heartbeats...

ha..by two i meant, my daughter's and my own.

yesterday at my appt. the midwife asked how things were...i told her how much this baby loves to move. and when she went for the heartbeat...she believed me.

"whoa, she sure is!" as p.j. kept kicking or punching the ultrasound wand. it took forever, but then finally, i heard this huge loud beating noise.

and since it didn't sound normal and completely offbeat - i asked in concern "what is that"

my midwife explained that it was mine and my daughter's beating right on top of each other. so i got to listen to hers and mine...loud and out of sync.

i hope that is not a sign of things to come. i would hope that this child is more ballet than football, more dancing than sitting, more laughter than boredom,

but no matter what, she will be an individual. i can guarantee that.

but just in case, i think i will hook the headphones up to the belly to make sure she has great taste in music, and a good beat to dance to in there.

so i am 23 weeks, measuring perfectly, and of course, gaining weight. grrrrrrr.

No comments: