Sunday, August 17, 2008

spoke too soon...

so the other day i was talking to a bunch of people about how great it is that i haven't gotten sick yet...you know, due to this whole life dwelling inside me.

i gave like three high-fives out on how awesome my body is being to me.

then that night, my body refused to stay cool. it rejected spaghetti like it has never rejected it before.

i swear to you all, i have only been that sick twice since i was a baby.
1. too much pizza in high school when i binged to get over a break-up
2. my 21st and the 10 shots lined up on the bar that i only remember 4 of...

and now,
3. spaghetti.

i have learned that i will take the rest of this pregnancy one day at a time...and not say again what hasn't happened because there will always be a YET that follows that statement.

my empathy and complete sympathy goes out to those women who get sick everyday through pregnancy. awful awful awful...awful.

sorry if this made any of you sick...but then you may have greater empathy for me if you did.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So now I know that spaghetti is no longer on your list of cravings. Sorry that happened.

Amber Cook said...

Oooh--sorry to hear it. As a morning sickness gal myself, I can assure you that it does pass! And they say it's a sign of a healthy pregnancy. (Scant reassurance when your body goes all hot and you can't stand the thought of any food that's good for you, I know!)

Janet Nawroth said...

when you told me you got sick the other day I had no idea it was such a rare occurance! Crazy, but once again happy to pregnant... yuck-o side affect :)