Friday, August 8, 2008

welcome to this century...

i joined facebook...only when i was told for certain that i could "ignore" any chance for my students to find me on-line.

and it feels great to catch up with people i haven't heard from in forever...people who didn't even know i was married, much less popping out of my normal clothes with child. its reminding me in a very sentimental way that i know a lot of wonderful people out there.

that feels like a nice big hug.

not that i need one...i.e. the following signs of glowing happiness:

1. my mom gave me the most perfect diaper bag. if you know me at all you know i love purses, bags, anything big and loud. its huge, its yellow, its patent leather. watch out baby-yo'mama looks fabulous.

2. greg and i went to don pablos to celebrate "no more meds" week. the queso was worth the pain that followed it. so was the hot apple pie on a skillet.

3. while it was also sad...it was a cool realization. i had a normal shirt on yesterday, and while shopping i passed a mirror and realized my shirt no longer fit and the maternity tank i was wearing under it had saved me and others from viewing more than was necessary. maternity tops - here i come.

4. donuts...i saw some yesterday. i didn't eat them. they just make me happy.

5. favorite gift so far - my grandmothers monogrammed silver brush, comb, and mirror set. it was a wedding gift for her almost 65 years ago. when she passed away it was the only thing i really wanted of hers...i can't wait to give it to my daughter when she gets married. just looking at it makes me think of her. and that always makes me happy. always.

1 comment:

emily the mom said...

does this mean your actually using your facebook now?

the only person left to convert is Hagedorn!!!!!!