Wednesday, December 10, 2008

thirty, flirty, and thriving...

so...we made it to the ten week mark.

ten weeks.

she could be here sooner.

i was really freaking out for a bit to think about how my entire life is going to change in a matter of ten silly weeks.

until i was at Qdoba (the best burrito place EVER) and there was this hot dad standing in line behind me. and he started yelling my actual baby name out saying "come here ( " PJ " ), come here ( " PJ " ) " and i turned around and there was this little girl with blonde bouncing curls and blue eyes, smiling ear to ear, dressed head to toe in pink - waddling like a 16-18 month old kid would - coming towards the hot man standing next to me.

and i thought to myself - i can't wait for my life to change because no matter how hard being a mom is going to be, being ( "PJ" ) 's mom is going to be the best thing i have ever done in my entire life.

i jumped in my imagination to that moment when greg is up in line, calling out her name, and she is waddling with glee towards him. i just melted with happiness. call me hormonal...but i think that was the best burrito i've ever eaten.

go get a burrito and cry with happiness - its a good ending to a long day.

2 comments:

smbobo said...

Hey Meg! Believe me your life is going to change for the better. Just wait till you get that first smile and that first giggle-still to this day that was my favorite moment. We didn't get the first real smile till Olivia was 3 months old-she had been sick for about 2 months. But I still remember that day-it was Mother's Day-by far the best Mother's Day present ever (I am even tearing up about it right now-yes me tearing up-its amazing what these little one's do to you.) Cherish every minute, every second of every day with your little one-they grow up fast. You will be a great mom-and PJ will come out dancing and grabbing butts-warn those doctors and nurses.

Unknown said...

You totally nailed it on the head...amazing how a random hot dad can make you realize how lucky you are! I am so happy for you! Your little girl is so lucky, I know you will be an amazing mom, Meg! Merry Christmas!!!!