Thursday, December 4, 2008

29 weeks...

or as my classroom blog puts it...75 days until pj arrives.

so most of my nights now consists of trying to sleep while pj throws mini-dance parties in there.

which means one or two things...1. that she will be a night owl like her daddy and/or 2. she will be a fantastic dancer like her mama.

one other thing i have noticed since entering my third trimester...i can barely put socks and shoes on without being completely out of breath. gone are the days of quickly resting my foot up onto my knee to gracefully put on my sock of choice whilst my shoe awaits below. now its a process that leaves me making grunting noises - and my socks...need to be looser - and my shoes need to be shoestringless otherwise poor greg has to do the tying.

also - yesterday on the playground for recess i had a mom tell me how she was so nervous when she was pregnant cause she kept losing weight in every area except her belly...how she was just all belly... and i felt like i was going to have one of those movie moments where i turn to the camera and pull my hair while i let out a blood-curdling scream.

so instead of screaming, i hiked up my rubberbanded pants, said "oh that must have been nice" and rang the bell two minutes early. i had a part of a cherry flavored candy cane when i made it back to my desk. and it was good.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

ugh...your description of putting on shoes with a baby belly was PERFECT. i had forgotten that agony. thanks for reminding me!! :) are you having to get momentum going (by rolling one way and then the other) to get out of bed? that was my personal fave.