Thursday, September 18, 2008

18's gone with the wind...

so...i missed an update on week changes due to the sizable force of wind pressure that came to destroy both my home and my car.

ok, not destroy. but we all know i exaggerate. it makes life more exciting.

things that could have happened differently, but didn't...

1. my mom throwing a perfectly lovely wedding shower on Sunday while guests cars were getting whipped by tree limbs crashing down in the parking lot.

2. one of those cars included mine.

3. i cursed trees with expletives i can only hope my child did not hear or understand.

4. my husband stayed at home...actually stood outside our home while the massive tree (that YES, HAS DROPPED HUGE LIMBS DOWN UPON MY WINDSHIELD CRASHING IT INTO A MILLION PIECES BEFORE) split right down the middle

5. He then watched as part of it, crashed onto our roof, then with another wind, was dragged down our roof, taking part of our gutter with it...and landing on our lamppost...we were out of power from Sunday to late Tuesday.

6. We currently are unable to use our driveway, our front stairs, and we cannot touch the tree because if it snaps anymore, it could possible take out our roof and our neighbors roof..and blow up a transformer that is attached to the pole in front of our house.

7. did i mention that i cursed all trees.

8. did i mention that i am in charge of recycling at my school...and yet again, i was faced with having to overcome my anger with trees to save many today by allowing my students to pick up recycling.

9. i hate nature. or at the very least, i hate having to pay for what nature does to me.

10. by the way, the baby is fine.

No comments: