Thursday, June 19, 2008

dancing queen...



so last weekend, my mom, my aunt, and my nephew zach went to chicago with a very special ticket waiting for us.

front row to my niece Merritt's dance recital.

it was more like a broadway review. there was more tulle and make-up in that high-school auditorium than there was at my wedding.

AND I LOVED IT! these adorable girls, and an awkward but talented teenage boy, danced every inch of that stage.

and yes, my niece has talent...rhythm runs in our family, well, it hit she and i, and maybe her dad at least. her routine with the 3 year old group was to the song "SHOUT" and they definitely got a little lower, swung their hips, and hit the floor at one point.

it was an afternoon to remember. especially when my nephew shouted..."hey why is there a BOY on stage?"

No comments: