Friday, November 7, 2008

25 was a good week...to turn 31.

so pj celebrated my birthday week with me...well, she didn't really have a choice.

in the morning on nov. 3 - my loving husband had my favorite donuts waiting...
then my students were terrific all day for me...
then after lunch i had flowers, balloons, and the typical zips gift certificate from room moms...
then i had a book of cards from my students waiting for me...
then i came home and opened awesome gifts from greg...
then went to a memorial mass for my grandma...
then had tasty pizza...
then ate cheesecake before bed.
all in all i'd say pj and i had a perfect day on Monday.


then Tuesday happened.
and there are few words i have to express my emotions. standing in line for over an hour in the darkness of 6 am. watching the republican flyers being dismissed right and left by the line of voters that circled the entire parking lot. it was fantastic.
and then the results. those results. i immediately thought two things. how elated my grandma would have been (once she made her comment about hillary being better). she would be smiling and celebrating the change that so momentously came with that decision. she was smiling in heaven for sure. and then i thought, how proud i will be to bring a baby into a world that i am proud of...and how she will know that she can be whatever she wants to be, that we are all equal, that we all deserve opportunity. it was just delicious. and yes..i cried.

then the day-after-the-world-changed-glow was still there on weds. to say a little prayer for her 25 week turnover.

and thursday brought parent conferences. a day that usually ends in tears. usually mine. but this year, moms and dads told me that their kids loved me, that i was funny, entertaining, and one their favorites. ahhhhh shucks. gee whizzzz. thanks.

and now its friday. and parent conferences were harmless. a 180 degree difference from last year. and by 10 i was home and out of my tight pants.

what a week! i am exhausted with great amounts of happiness swirling around me. i can't complain about anything even for a second.

No comments: