Sunday, November 16, 2008

that's right...i'm a medal winning mama

so i woke up early this morning...actually i had been up since about 1 am due to my non-sleeping habit. what i meant to say is i woke up my friend stacy very early this morning. the two of us participated in the Ursuline 5K Run/Walk.

and even though it was sleeting...and so cold that my nose was breathing in ice crystals...we walked 3.1 miles around the Blue Ash area.

stacy walked in place of my mom. so she was registered in the 60 and over category. but me...i was registered as myself, and therefore, WON A MEDAL for my age group.

now, i know, i know. there weren't that many people in my age group there...and walking.

but you know, i will take that gosh darn medal. cause i was the only one there 6 months pregnant and busting my ass up and down those hills. thank you very much.

i think pj would be proud of me. of course i think my walking lulled her back to sleep - only after she started the race sitting on some nerve of mine and causing me terrible cramping. who knows maybe this will be a new thing for me, entering races and winning medals...

or maybe this was the last time-so i can keep my glowing position.

(THANKS STACY...SORRY YOU DIDN'T WIN IN THE 60 and over category...BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

No comments: