Wednesday, January 7, 2009

34, 6, 41, 28, 20

so my life is measured in numbers lately...

34 weeks today

6 weeks left

41 days left

28 days of school

20 things on my list of to-do's

not that i am counting down...okay, i am. can you blame me? i mean, they are already selling valentine cards....soooo.

my appointments are now weekly, and i got to see my favorite midwife this last time - she is sensational, hysterical, and i just wish with everything i have that she will be there that day for me.

at this last appointment we discussed what labor will really feel like, how soon i can get the epidural, what really happens when water breaks, and what things i should be looking for as far as clues that she is on her way. they aren't going to check to see if i am dilated - just that i should wait for pj to tell me when she is ready.
she said it would feel like a flu - crampy and headache-y...and i will just have the intuition to know what is happening.

intuition. hmmm....i wonder if i have any of that. i hope i am not too tired to notice.

one of the teachers at school was talking yesterday about a teacher she'd heard of that had her baby under her desk at school.

this immediately caused me to add another thing to my list of to-do's. #21. do not have baby at desk.

midwife checkup update - she is fine, strong heartbeat, she has spun around and dropped pushing her head directly on my bladder. also, stacy (my midwife) said that she just keeps wiggling her butt from one side to the other and kicking upwards on my ribs. stacy found her little bottom right away during the heartbeat check...absolutely amazing. i just keep thinking how painful that must be to be upside down for 6 weeks. but what do i know? little pj is in charge for now.

No comments: