Monday, January 19, 2009

party all the time, party all the time...

the title of this blog is an inside joke.

but my parties this week, yes plural, were anything but a joke.

they were spectacular surprises of perfection.

party #1. Thursday after school, the faculty of my school had hidden a gift in the closet of the classroom we were having a meeting in...and to my surprise, p.j. got her fabulous jumperoo exersaucer...and to top it off she was given her first piggy bank with a pretty solid beginning. it was really sweet of everyone at school. they have all been very patient with my hormones.

party #2. SURPRISE MRS. LYNCH! i guess my scent was thrown by the day before...so on Friday, during my break, two of my students ran to find me saying "please, mrs. lynch, come see our dance we made up in music...mrs. keith thinks you will love it, and you always see our dances...please come..." How do you say no to that? so i let them drag me down three flights, then across the building, then through the tunnel, then up two flights...and by the time i got to the parish hall- i could not breathe. and SURPRISE! the sixth, seventh, and eighth grade were screaming my name - and my mom, sister and nephews were there too. a table of gifts (from money donated by the kids) and book filled with student's advice, name choices, and nursery/clothes depictions was waiting for me. There was even cake! too too cute. i of course apologized for being so nasty to them recently...

party #3. Baby shower! My mom-in-law Jane, my sisters-in-law Chris & Kelly, and greg's cousin, karen threw me an adorably themed shower on Saturday. Everything was black, yellow and white! there were little lambs everywhere, and delicious food to top it off. Jane had made the cutest desserts, cookies and cupcakes meticulously iced to perfection! (thanks in part to my father in law who did the piping! ) there was also the most delicious punch...i couldn't stop myself... there was the "baby" pin game, and then a hide and seek game... and of course a ton of new clothes for p.j.

so i think she is set on clothing, this child will be wearing something new every ten minutes for the first month. it was suggested that everytime i change her i snap a photo...cause i have so many outfits it might not get worn again. get ready camera...

i am just feeling like this little girl is the luckiest little thing around. she has a lot of people waiting for her, and a lot of clothes to wear to do just that...



ahhhh pregnancy bliss - my hips are burning - i can no longer sleep at all in bed...it just hurts too much. we are entering into a four-week stand-off between me and birth...somehow i get the feeling i have NO ABILITY TO WIN - we are on p.j.'s terms starting now...and i get the feeling that won't change for a very very long time.

No comments: