Monday, January 5, 2009

43 days left...

so i have this running count on my teacher website for school. it counts down days to an event to get the kids excited...

i counted down to her due date.

today says 43 days left.

i vividly remember when it said 103 days left. i just cannot believe she will be here so soon.

it feels like there is so much to do before she gets here, yet, i figure, she decides the when part and i get to just hope my things get crossed off my list of to-dos.

my list...if you are at all curious...

to-dos before the big to-do:
1. find a pediatrician
2. go to birthing class
3. renew my car registration
4. pack a bag
5. send in her daycare deposit
6. plan out two weeks of lesson plans in detail
7. do laundry
8. go grocery shopping/make meals and freeze them
9. get my hair and nails done
10. shave my legs
11. finish planning the student trip to australia
12. hold a month long fundraiser for my service club at school
13. teach global warming
14. teach linear equations
15. teach King Solomon's reign
16. pick up my new glasses
17. have two baby showers
18. go to the doctor like 5 or 6 more times
19. clean my desk at school for the sub
20. sleep

what is scary is that for a lot of this...i don't have a choice...they have to happen. i guess if i don't shave my legs it wouldn't be the end of the world. i mean - i do have a midwife. they are used to the weirdo-hippie-no-medication-people. hmmmmm.

any suggestions for time management?

2 comments:

Melanie said...

not that a pediatrician or linear equations aren't important, but i would move 'shaving legs' and 'getting nails done' towards the top of the list. my legs were fine, but my mani/pedi appt was scheduled for 3 days after greta actually arrived. i was sad my toes weren't painted....as sad as that sounds.

Greg Lynch said...

glad to see that your list is longer than mine ... in fact I can't think of anything I have left to do :o)