Wednesday, January 14, 2009

35 and done...

35 weeks, 5 weeks away, 34 days...and feeling done.
don't get me wrong...i still know that i am unbelievably lucky to be pregnant.

especially after all we did to make this happen...

and while i always say to my students "a cake is done, you are finished" conjuring up my grandmother and mother's corrective standards on a daily basis...

i am officially a baked good...done.

my hip sockets are killing me, every time i stand up i have to go to the bathroom, my lower back is permanently curved at such an angle that i cannot sit straight, i don't fit in booths, i can't sleep without medicine, i wake up with terrifying nightmares, i can't put socks on without grunting, my kids are picking up everything i drop, i have students tying my shoes, and i waddle like a wibble wabble.

i know, i know, shut up meg, pregnancy is a beautiful gift, cherish every minute of it, believe me, i really am trying to appreciate the swelling - i guess it will make me fall in love with my body all over again when this is over.

until then...call me a kettle donut...cause i am done.


mmmmm...kettle donuts.

1 comment:

Greg Lynch said...

Yeah girl ain't lying she's done ....

Did someone say Kettle Donuts? I'll drive ...